Friday, November 19, 2010

Turkey Trot

At the new school the kids attend is something called the Turkey Trot. The Friday before Thanksgiving Break, the kids run a one mile race for the famed title of Turkey Trot Leader. Bailey and Brody have been SO excited for this.



When you run against a Hills kid - expect to have the race of your life.
Brody, after being tripped at the start line, falling, bleeding from both knees, both hands and elbows, running off course three times (it was on a gravel trail through a neighborhood park) he still managed to come in 1:08 faster than the next kid for a 6:44 mile for 3rd grade.

Bailey, also going off course twice, came in 1st with a 6:48 mile, :40 ahead of the next kid, much to the disappointment of several boys, their parents, and the reigning girls' champion for the last 3 years.

I might have felt bad for the cheesy grin I sported, but not too bad. Two parents (who I know) wouldn't even look at or talk to me because they were so disappointed their kids didn't win. We're the new kids in school, and we're here to play hard!

4 comments:

Ali said...

You guys rock! But really, the poor kids of those parents who could get so disappointed over something like this. You deserved to wear a slightly cocky grin though. ;)

Jen Hakes said...

That is so awesome! In your face! I laughed at the reaction of those "other" parents. Way to go kids!

Stephanie Saunders said...

Good job for them! I don't think Taylor has a competitive bone in his body.

hydeeann said...

i hope you grin was a mile wide because it should have been! awesome run, hills family!

Drop me a note!