I never thought I could love, really love 80+ kids, but I do. I've fallen in love with the kids in my ward as I'm able to serve as their Primary President. They consume my thoughts, my prayers, countless hours of my day...and that doesn't count the teachers and other leaders I'm called to serve.
I feel like Super Mom having really learned what Scouts was (for the first time) as I worked with Brody to get his Wolf and other Badges by his Birthday in October.

The only way I knew I'd survive the 6 months of deployment and the holidays was to go to AZ for Christmas.
Our fabulous friends, the Stephens, put us up for two nights. They were excellent hosts as we ate, played, and got into the Christmas Spirit with them in Flagstaff. We love you guys!



My kids are still talking about the bear story that Kyle told them on their hike after Church at the Cabin. We'd just said good-bye to Kevin and Nikki's family and called Casey in Gilbert since it was his birthday.




Braden celebrated his 5th birthday in Arizona, "the day after Christmas" and got to have "Mexico Food".
We're on the countdown, and we're OOOOOHHHHHH So grateful!
FYI: I have to warn you...if ONE more person tells me that the last 5 months have flown past, I won't be held responsible for my actions - You'll most likely be removed from my Christmas Card list and banned from this blog. :) I know you're all trembling at the thought - but PLEASE, I'm begging you, don't go there with me.
5 comments:
How fun to see pictures of your dark haired kids with the Stephens blondies. Have any pics with the adults? That would be fun to see. I'm so glad you had a good time in the desert. Made me want to take a little vacay. It's been a while. Here's wishing your last days really do fly by ;)!
Hello! You are SUPER MOM! I haven't been on blogger for too long, but it was fun to see all your posts tonight. Really - you ROCK! So excited that you're on the countdown now - wahoo!!!!
You are amazing. I'm still sad we didn't get to hang out over Christmas. Next time for sure! I want to stay on your good list so....the last five months have been dragging on FOREVER and EVER! (And not fast like everyone else says.) Love you Carlie!
Woo hoo!!! So glad Chris is coming home soon. I am sure you are SO looking forward to his return. What is on your list of things to do once he gets home? A hot bath with the door locked? A shopping trip without the kids? I always have grand ideas, but family time always wins out! Have fun counting down.
Good job on your quick catch up. I can't even imagine how busy you must be with the kids and Primary President. Wow! I hope Chris is sweeping you away somewhere to recoup when he gets home. ;)
Post a Comment