Sensory Overload...and not just me on my trip - but for you with all these pictures!
One of my best friends, Carol Stephens, has flown to see me in Washington, Georgia, met me in California, driven to see me when in Arizona, and now thanks to Chris and her husband Kevin, we've been to and experienced in GREAT detail New York City.



We stayed at the Marriott IN Times Square. We were right around the corner from Rockefeller Center.
Central Park was so beautiful. I'd romanticized it in my mind, and I wasn't disappointed.


The MET, Metropolitan Museum of Art, was just as stunning as the Louve. (In my humble opinion!)

This was Carol's pick, being the great Humanities Graduate that she is. I appreciate it after seeing it in "When in Rome"- with Josh Dumahel. (That's supposed to be funny by the way).
We saw a Broadway Show.
We definitely needed to have some REAL New York Cheesecake.
It's not Lindor Truffles, but it's still Chocolate - and a rainbow one at that.
Grand Central Station!!
My friend Karina and her husband grew up in Queens and went to school in Manhattan. They told me about this restaurant we HAD to go to for brunch in SOHO by NYU on Waverly Place. I have to admit that it was some of the best breakfast food I've ever had.
The Empire State Building. It was like walking back in time to see the interior. Again, romanticized in my mind - and did not disappoint.


Rockefeller Plaza.
The view from our hotel (but sadly, not our room!).
Okay...here's the truth. We planned the whole trip around the MUSE concert!!! It was the most eventful, unforgettable trip to the concert. Too long to divulge, but needless to say, completely unforgettable!! The concert was incredible!






Thanks to Carol for coming with me. Thanks also to her for taking ALL the pictures and mailing them to me. I sent our small camera to Afghanistan with Chris, and my phone just wasn't going to cut it!
3 comments:
SO SO SO much fun! I love that you guys went on this trip. NYC is such a fun place to visit. Glad you had a great time.
What an awesome trip! Glad you got a chance to get away and what a place to go. I need to put that on my list....probably without the Muse concert although I know you feel differently. :)
What a fun trip. I love NYC. The pictures reminded me of past trips. Thanks for sharing! I hope the memories carry you through a few more months!
Post a Comment