Thursday, January 14, 2010

Too Cold to Run

We've hovered in the low teens for several nights now. It makes it too cold to run in the morning. Parts of our yard looked like animals had been digging in the dirt. I thought, "What animal is crazy enough to be out, in the dark, in this cold weather digging?" Well, it wasn't an animal, but the moisture from the ground freezing and making ice crystals that were pushing up to the surface.


4 comments:

Heather said...

Got to love the chilly weather. We hit a low of -14 last week. We;ve rebounded, this week I had the windows open, it was 50 degrees! Love the photos of the ice. The boys thought they were pretty cool!

Kent Saunders said...

Nice poop crystals. Maybe someday I'll read what you wrote, but it still looks like cow crap.

Carlie Hills said...

The sad part is...I agree.

Stephanie Saunders said...

Yes, that's my tactless husband.

Drop me a note!