Thursday, January 14, 2010

I'd make Coach Purdom proud

My Senior year in High School when everyone else was taking Child Development, I was taking Weight Lifting (with the Varsity Football team - as a cheerleader I got the desired class). So, one of 4 girls, I lifted every morning with eye candy assistance. Low weight, high reps. Now I lift every morning in our storage room/unfinished basement/tornado shelter.My own aerobic 'step'.The all important fan.My favorite piece of equipment when I was 18...still is today.
I only hope I can drop the weight and firm up the way I did in High School. I don't remember any popping or creaking though...my body supplies a surround sound effect to the music I work out to.

7 comments:

Ali said...

Wow. Good for you. That's quite the room. Do you have another one for food storage? I will be terribly envious if you do.

Good luck.

Carlie said...

Actually...I do! I'm SO lucky. We have another alcove that holds two seperate shelving units. My goal is to actually fill them up with a balanced food storage though.

Trisha said...

You have just inspired me to do better. Way to go! (And how lucky of you to get to be with the football team. You are one smart girl.)

Carlie said...

Trisha...if I was going to sweat, it might as well have been while having someone(s) inspiring to look at and talk to!!

Heather said...

Fun. Lane picked up some weights and a smith machine. He and the boys have been busy exercising. I can't say that I have been as commited! Better get to it. Summer is coming. I want to be in shape for hiking, biking, and swimming with the boys!

Carlie said...

Heather,
I'm amazed at all you do with your boys everyday! How are you guys doing?

Mike and Julina said...

Pump it up and feel the burn!

Drop me a note!