As I'm having yet another Primary Meeting and (oh yes) another freak out moment...Chris is catching a C17 from Kandahar to Kuwait.

So, last week Thursday when he called at midnight to tell me that he was getting ready to fly out of Kuwait, and was coming home early, I didn't cry the way I had imagined I would - I had a panic attack! He left me with one day, ONE DAY, to get my hair done, clean my house, buy real food (other than Eggos, corndogs, chicken nuggets...) But once the initial shock wore off, I was ecstatic!
We met him last Sunday at Ft. Benning in Freedom Hall to Welcome him Home. -And Nikki...I wore the, "Oh! There you are!" pants! :)

Just in case you need clarification...I'm a Happy Girl these days!

13 comments:
I can't tell you how happy we are that Chris is home safe and you are together again. I haven't wanted to call this week and interrupt the party! Talk to you soon.
What a wonderful surprise! I'm sure the kids are just as excited to have their dad home too! You are such a beautiful family.
Thanks Girls! It was the BEST kind of surprise. The kids have been so excited to have him home, and I feel like my world makes sense again...but man I hated giving up my late night snacking. I can't have him knowing what I've been eating to cope with sleeping alone!
SUCH a great feeling to have him home safe. I have to say...I love the "You Survived Mom" sign. HILARIOUS!
Hooray! Glad he's home safe and he looks so happy in the last picture.
....I want to know about these pants. ;)
Yes!I'm so happy and grateful Chris is back on safely with his family. Much love your way!
My pants...I've lost weight, and gotten into shape. My sister in law Nikki and I went shopping over Christmas and I got some pants that really showcase my now reduced rear. So, we had this joke that I should pretend to be looking somewhere else for him when he arrived so that my backside was facing him - the first thing he would see - then turn around and say, "Oh! There you are!" :)
OH MY GOODNESS!!! I'm so happy he's home! I can't wait to tell Shawn! We've been thinking of you all and keeping you in our prayers! I'm sooooo happy you're all back together again! :)
I think I'd be freaking out a little bit too. Can you imagine if he'd just showed up at home without any warning at all? :)
Yeah!!!! Welcome back Chris. We are so glad you made it home safe and sound. Thank you for serving!
i think that's the biggest smile ive ever seen on his face - the last photo of you two back together. so excited for all of you. what an amazing surprise! totally understand your bit of panic, too. =)
b-t-w, the winning car of our pinewood derby last year was made by a MOM. bet ya did great.
Hooray!!!!! Chris does look extra happy to be home! I can't believe how long Bayley's hair is.
Thats such an amazing surprise!! I love it and love your family is reunited. Enjoy!
You are lucky you had a day! Grandma Hills didn't know Clay was coming home until he walked in the door!
Post a Comment