Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Let Me Recap...

It has been absolute craziness. I'm the Ward Activity Leader, and I had nothing but potholes in my Easter Activity planning process. After considerable thought and prayer, to help with my budget crunch, two weeks ago I waited until Noon my time to call Ali back in WA at 9:00am to have her help me work out the logistics of growing wheat grass for my center pieces. After 10 days of praying that the grass would grow (no joke), I ended up with 16 plates of awesome grass. It looked great! Thanks Allison!


I have to thank Barney too for putting up with another frantic call from Sam's Club and for helping me figure out the food for the Activity.
*
Then:
My Dad showed up to travel with us to Macon, GA for 4 soccer games. What it really was: 4 hours of play, 6 hours total at the fields, over 3 hours of driving.
*
Dad was a trouper. It was no relaxing trip. Two days of flying, for one day of driving and soccer. The kids were so excited to have him come though. It was a great day!

Friday night after my dad got here, we watched Hoosiers. Here is a real life version of a Hoosiers type coach. We LOVE Coach Spurlin. There's no question about how he's feeling during the games!








We were SO lucky that Bailey and Brody were playing at the same place. That doesn't happen very often. Their games were back, to back, to back, to back.
*
That doesn't happen very often either.







We pulled into the driveway around 8:20 Saturday Night. Chris was paged and went straight to the hospital. Bailey's assistant coach was a Vietnamese Orphan and a refugee of the Vietnam War. He wrote a book and was interviewed by CNN. He'd organized a reunion for all the other orphan refugees, and asked if we'd keep his kids for the night while he attended a banquet where he was the key speaker. So, I picked up their 4 kids. At 10:00 that night we had 8 hyper kids bouncing off my walls. Dad pulled out the elusive blue box, chased a few kids, and helped me get them to bed.
*
Dad left at 4:00am Sunday morning to make it back to Church in CG.
*
One of the Robertson girls turned 10, so we had a big birthday breakfast before heading out to Church.


Chris and I sat on a pew with 8 kids.
*
It was a great weekend!

5 comments:

Ali said...

WOW! I'm so glad the grass turned out (I would have felt awful it hadn't). You guys had a CRAZY weekend. Glad you survived!

Hills' Angels said...

You guys look awesome!! And how cool that your Dad got to come out!! Brody and Bailey are freakin tearin' it up! Sweet. I loved your post about Romeo too. I cried a bit too! :)

Judy McDonald said...

I love photo of Brody shaking hands with the other team... is that "thumbs up" handshake a soccer thing, a Georgia thing, or a Brody thing?

It's great to be able to keep up with your growing family. We miss you!

Trisha said...

BUSY weekend! I love that your dad came there just for the day. He is such an incredible guy.

Mike and Julina said...

Wow that was a crazy weekend! Bailey is getting TOOO tall!

Drop me a note!