Sunday, March 14, 2010

Tallahassee Tournament

We lucked out because both Bailey's and Brody's teams were given slots to play in a tournament in Tallahassee this weekend. ROAD TRIP!! So, we tried to get Brooklyn to take a picture for us. It took several tries.

ONE:

TWO:
THREE: (We're struggling with the sun)
FOUR: (Not too good, but no one will sit for me any longer).
The kids played well. Bailey's team played up to U11 for the first time, and Bailey, who's one of the taller girls on her team, barely reached the shoulder of the girl she was defending. Amazon was a word being passed down the sideline of our team. At one point, there were 4 girls crying on the field, but we held our own and showed some Columbus pride. Brody also played up going against U10 boys and he's the second oldest on the team! They shook it up and made it to the finals today. Of course, we play Saturdays, not Sundays, so we hope to find out tomorrow where the teams placed.
On a Side Note...

Ever heard of the "Trump" card? Well...I have one. This picture. After our first two games, waiting for the second two to start, I bullied Chris into letting me peruse the mall. (Shopping at the Peach Tree Mall in Columbus is sketchy, in a "Am I safe here?" kind of way, at best). After a bit of grumbling, I hear Chris, in a reverent kind of whisper say, "Hey guys! Look who it is!" We all look, but we're not quite sure who we're looking at. It was Ricky Carmichael, one of the top Supercross riders who's from Tallahassee. Chris was so excited he asked if he could take a picture. Braden was so star struck he got embarrassed and hid behind my legs. Afterward, Chris asked why I didn't offer to take the picture so he could have been in it! (This is where you see me roll my eyes.) Anyway - The end result? I just whip this puppy out and say, "It pays to go to the mall, babe.".

2 comments:

Mike and Julina said...

I miss your family!
I can't remember if you know or not but I'm pregnant....check out my blog to see what we're having! =)

Angela said...

I love that you posted all the different attempts-- fun! Good job, Brooklyn!

Drop me a note!