Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Thanksgiving

On our own for Thanksgiving this year, we called Chris's cousins to see if we could crash with them in Virginia. So...we took a road trip. His aunt and uncle restored a 100+ year old house in rural Virginia, and let us stay there. It was beautiful.


Behind the 'big' house is a little school house that was built with the original farmhouse, (how many times do you think I can use the work 'house' in this sentence...more than you'd think!) and they were required to keep it as it. It was so small...amazing that anything could have been conducted in it; pretty awesome though.





Thanksgiving morning, we woke up to all these condors sitting on the shed.

Chris's cousin Cassie lived in Flagstaff while we were there, and I hadn't seen her in almost 11 years! (FYI: This picture was taken after hours of cleaning and food prep, we had just finished dishes and I pulled my hair up and was sweating. Just so you know...I'm not that hammered looking usually.)
I'm not sure we had enough pie.

THANK YOU Claswsons! Gina-Zac-Taralyn-Cassie.

2 comments:

Ali said...

The house looks amazing and the kitchen is awesome.
It looks like the perfect place to spend Thanksgiving.

Mike and Julina said...

WOW that IS a lot of pies! What a great time.

Drop me a note!