With 'Soccer Saturday' over, Chris in Boston and nothing else pressing to do, I thought the kids and I would have a nice relaxing day. My kids' thought otherwise. Bickering, complaining, and griping over everything, I soon lost it. I LOVE the article that appeared in The Church News nearly 2 1/2 years ago on our devastating need for instant gratification. It's too true. My kids, and it's my fault for allowing it from myself and others, feel the need to 'get' things when they're at the store. What happened to presents ONLY at Christmas and birthdays, and even then in moderation? (Yes I did walk barefoot, up-hill, in the snow no less, all the way to school.) Well, I soon employed the old McEuen motto: Work first, play later. The funny part is, we had a great time. Who knew it took 2:15 to clean a car?



Braden really liked taking his shirt off. A little too much.


What's the lesson of a good hard chore if there's no reward at the end?
Even
4 comments:
Oh, life must be so hard in Georgia. I mean, how awful is it to be able to wash the car in the nice weather and enjoy ice cream afterwards? You've got it rough, Carlie ;)
You coming to clean mine next weekend? Cute blog!
You teach a good lesson!
i think my car would take a lot longer than that to clean! good job, hills crew. i love when i can get my kids to work hard for extended periods of time.
the reward part is fun, too. you all earned it. =)
Post a Comment