Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Powell, Oh my Powell

Our good friends the Stephens invited us to Lake Powell to spend a week with their family on their house boat giving Chris a break from studying for his Step 2 Oral Boards. As usual, the lake was stunning.




The following pictures show some similarities of the Hills family: Ridiculous facial expressions!







In an effort to expedite the washing of 8 kids, Kevin broke out the hose at the back of the house boat. Imagine an English voice. "Ho there!" He sprays them with the hose. "Who's your captain?" Shrieking. "I did not hear you? Who's your captain?" More shrieking. "You are!" And so the 'shower' would go through the stages of soap, rinse, shampoo, and rinse again.







We LOVE the Stephens. Love their generosity, their friendship, their great sense of humor! Most especially, to Carol for taking all the pictures. I considered this a vacation in every sense of the word and didn't even bother taking out my camera!!

3 comments:

Jen Hakes said...

Carol's pictures are incredible! What a time you must of had. I would love to take my kids there one day when everyone knows how to swim. Fun!

Ali said...

These are all great pictures. I've never been to Lake Powell but might have to push for a reunion there. I love house boats and used to go on one every other summer growing up out on Lake Shasta in N. CA. Such a blast and I love your facial expression the very best on that tube. ;)

hydeeann said...

so nice to have someone along who would do the photography for you! when i don't feel like pictures, we just don't get any. hope the trip was as fab as the pictures look. and i think your face is the best!

Drop me a note!