Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Settling In

Well...we are official. I know we've settled in once Chris starts construction.


In an effort to take advantage of free dirt and rocks from nearby job sites, Chris literally worked the Bobcat to the ground.
Chris will NEVER look good as a redhead.

School is in full swing. This is Bailey's model of a Nez Perce Native American longhouse. I'm confident that it took Bailey and I precisely the same amount of time to build our model as it took the Nez Perce tribe to build their actual house, which was over 100 ft. long.

One more amazing thing about our move to Columbus is the fact that I have taken up running. Yes...yes. I can hear the collective gasp. Amazing, yes, I DO exercise. What's more amazing is that I've been doing it for over 3 weeks now, and I get up at 5:30am!!

2 comments:

Ali said...

Okay, not that I know how to comment on your blog...

I can't believe Bailey is already doing projects, don't they spend the first month learning classroom rules?! That's what I was planning on when scheduling our Disneylnd trip.

Of course Chris is working that Bobcat. Can't wait to see pics of the end result. He always has amazing visions.

Good job on the running! Keep it up. I'd love to know how it's working out for you, running is really hard. Kyle picked it up this summer and it's killing him. (I actually think he's finished with it now too.) 5:30 am?! Never! But cute shoes!!!

hydeeann said...

you get up at 5:30?! to exercise?! amazing. i was feeling good about my 20 minute work-outs 4 days a week for 3 weeks running - LOL! go, girl!

do you actually own a bobcat? if not, chris looks like he would like to. does that red GZ dirt make you feel a bit at home, AZ girl?

good job on the project to both of you! what an amazing little structure, even if building it was a life-size project!

Drop me a note!