Sunday, August 3, 2008

Camp-o-rama

For all you Trejos and Kyle and Kevin...I just did a mini repeat of the infamous Roxanne/Vicki camp out. Beth and I let our friends the Warrens talk us into camping with them. To actually participate in the camp out, Beth and I had to take the kids on our own Friday since the guys wouldn't be able to make it until dinner. It didn't quite work out that way...Here we are 30 minutes after arriving.
I put up both our (mine & Chris's) tents on my own.
An hour after arriving the kids were ecstatic to show us their collection of matching rocks. AKA: deer dung.
We in our awesomeness took the kids down to the frigid water to play.
At approximately 7:30 after the guys called to say they'd just left the hospital and were starting the 2 hour drive I attempted to start a fire for dinner...and FAILED miserably.
At 10:00 (pm) the guys arrived to save us from what could have been a scary night to turn around and go trekking with the kids Saturday before we took off.
All is well in the Hills' household - and I know that I'd never make a good single parent!!!

No comments:

Drop me a note!